Columbia has been ranked in the top "Best Places to Live in the
Nation" by Money Magazine in its annual survey of the 300 largest metropolitan
areas. The reasons Columbia scores well include our educational system, economy,
healthcare and housing opportunities.
Conveniently located between St. Louis and Kansas City on Interstate 70, Columbia sits
in the center of Missouri. We enjoy four distinct seasons, encouraging many
community activities associated with different times of the year.
Since Columbia is home to the University of Missouri-Columbia as well as
Stephens College and Columbia College, residents enjoy a wide variety of
- "Top Best Places to Live" Money Magazine consistently ranks
Columbia as a top city in the country based on education, health care and a
- "4th Healthiest Place to Live in the Nation", ranked by
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine.
- "50 Fabulous Places to Raise Your Family", Columbia is cited as one
of the nicest small metro areas in the country in Lee Rosenberg's relocation
- "50 Fabulous Places to Retire in America", Columbia is one of the
selected cities included in this relocation book, 1996.
- ACCRA Cost of Living Index- Columbia is 5% to 6% below national
- 5 Best College Towns for Retirement, Successful Retirement
- Where to Retire, a book by John Howell, selected Columbia as one of
the three best places in Missouri.
Like me on Facebook! @bennett247